Hi Emily! My name is Lydia Maynard... I've kept up with your family's blog for years, but never really written, since you don't know me. I've enjoyed watching your family expand, just as mine has. Congratulations on your engagement. It is a such a blessing to marry a godly man, especially in the day and age we live in. God led me to my husband in 2008, but we didn't marry until 2011. My family and I were missionaries to the Netherlands (where my father was born) for 16 years. God brought a sweet family into our lives that my dad had known for years, but I had never met personally. My sister and I married their oldest sons. The Lord led us to come home from the missionfield in the summer of '11 after having started two churches there and having seen many souls saved and lives changed. My husband and I now help out my inlaws who have a home for troubled young men in Florida. Life is so wonderful when you do things right and obey the Lord! My best wishes to you and your husband-to-be. God bless you... In Christ, Lydia http://forchristscause.blogspot.com/ (By the way, I don't think anything could be better than having your sister be your sister-in-law as well. I sure love it. ;)
We are very excited too.
ReplyDeleteMom T
Hi Emily! My name is Lydia Maynard... I've kept up with your family's blog for years, but never really written, since you don't know me. I've enjoyed watching your family expand, just as mine has. Congratulations on your engagement. It is a such a blessing to marry a godly man, especially in the day and age we live in. God led me to my husband in 2008, but we didn't marry until 2011. My family and I were missionaries to the Netherlands (where my father was born) for 16 years. God brought a sweet family into our lives that my dad had known for years, but I had never met personally. My sister and I married their oldest sons. The Lord led us to come home from the missionfield in the summer of '11 after having started two churches there and having seen many souls saved and lives changed. My husband and I now help out my inlaws who have a home for troubled young men in Florida. Life is so wonderful when you do things right and obey the Lord! My best wishes to you and your husband-to-be. God bless you...
ReplyDeleteIn Christ,
Lydia
http://forchristscause.blogspot.com/
(By the way, I don't think anything could be better than having your sister be your sister-in-law as well. I sure love it. ;)
What a sweet story of God's blessings!
Delete